To support the global efforts of the medical and scientific community, IUSSTF has announced a Call for Proposals for COVID-19 Indo-U.S. Virtual Networks. IUSSTF encourages proposals that convincingly demonstrate the benefits and value of the Indo-U.S. partnership to advance research and address critical challenges related to COVID-19. Virtual Networks would allow Indian and U.S. scientists and engineers currently engaged in COVID-related research to carry out joint research activities through a virtual mechanism, leveraging existing infrastructure and funding. These network projects could be of two types:
- Knowledge R&D Networks that enable Indian and U.S. scientists from Academia and National Laboratories to conduct joint research and encourage the integration of research and education.
- Public-Private Virtual Networks that enable Indian and U.S. scientists from Academia and Industry to collaborate on pre-commercial R&D activities having potential towards applied research and product development.
Applications are due on May 15, 2020 11:59 PM, including approval by the Lead Partner. Please ensure that you keep enough time to submit the application. Once you submit the application, a mail will be sent out to the other Lead Partner to examine and approve the application. Only after approval by both Leads, will it be accepted for evaluation.
- INR 25,00,000/- to INR 50,00,000/- per project [approx.. USD 33,000 to USD 66,000].
- Funding would be available for a period of 18 months.
- The Grant-in-Aid would cover:
- Partial support for Personnel (Students/PostDocs);
- Basic Infrastructure (limited supplies), if needed;
- Limited travel (with justification); and,
- Contingencies for dissemination of research, educational materials and reports.
Please leave a comment