Indian Space Research Organisation at its Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre has developed SILCEM R9 , a room temperature curable single component adhesive based on polysiloxane for multipurpose bonding applications. This system contains polysiloxane, fillers and curing components mixed under dehumidified conditions and filled inside squeeze tubes for ready to use on exposure to humid air, it hardens by itself to a solid rubbery mass.
The salient features of the product are:
• Single component siloxane based system containing fillers and special curing components.
• Room temperature curable on exposure to humid air. Safe inside the tube
• Easy to apply. Simply squeeze and apply
• Supplied in ready-to -use squeeze tubes of 100-150 g capacity
• Meets the aerospace quality standards